Exceptional Outdoor Living | Edwardsville, O’Fallon, & St. Louis
Choosing Envisioning Green is the first step towards the yard of your dreams. At Envisioning Green, your design is tailor-made to specifically meet your needs. There is no general template that we use for all designs because we know that each outdoor space is unique. This individualized design is so important because it is the first step to getting your ideal outdoor space.
There are three core steps in the design process at Envisioning Green:
1. Initial Consultation
(at your home)
What happens in our first meeting? During this consultation, usually lasting approximately 1 hour, we will review your goals, take pictures & measurements, and ask questions so we’re clear on what you want. We always recommend that our clients prepare their “Dreambook”. This is simple and consists of anything you may have seen that you like, love, or don’t like all! Here is what you can expect:
- Most importantly, we will be there on time!
- Depending on your scope of work at your home this will last up to one hour.
- There is no cost for the initial 1 hour consultation.
- If you are married or have a significant other it is very important that they also be there as this is an important an exciting part of the process, we need everyone’s input.
- During this consultation we will review with you your exact wants and needs for your new project. We spend a lot of time discussing those details with you, reviewing your “Dreambook”.
- After we thoroughly review what you are wanting to have completed, we can discuss some budget ranges with you on the different sections of your project that you would be comfortable with.
- The designer will discuss any design engagement required for us to get started on all the design work and detailed proposal.
- Most of the projects Envisioning Green does will have a small design engagement to allow us to complete the detailed design work accurately and spend the time needed to be certain, nothing is forgotten.
- Depending on the scope and complexity of the project the design work for most people starts at around 2-3% of the anticipated project cost. When you are meeting with your designer, they can talk with you more about that fee and what it will be for your specific project.
2. Conceptual Design
(at the Envisioning Green design center)
You are more than welcome (and encouraged) to bring your whole family – the kids too! This usually consists of a 3D landscape design plan for your new space! Our goal with the Conceptual Design is to be as thorough as possible so there aren’t very many changes to be made to your Master Plan. This design helps us establish an overall layout to ensure that spatially everything fits and flows. The beauty of our Design Center is the most changes that you’d like to be made to your design can be made while you’re there! That way, you can be sure that you’re getting exactly what you want. Prioritization of design elements, space, budgets, and estimates are also reviewed.
- We are able to create a virtual, in depth landscape of your property in a full 3D model.
- We spend a lot of time getting all the details right and the 3D models we design for you make it look like your project is already completed!
- We can decide from there what elements you like or dislike and also if you feel any changes are needing to be made.
3. The Final Reveal & Master Plan
This will be the final & very detailed plan. Depending on the scope of your project, most of the time this plan will come in the form of a 3D Design. For some larger projects, this may also require additional architectural renderings or stamped engineered plans which we can produce and handle for you at an additional cost if needed. Envisioning Green works with various licensed architects, professional engineers, and the like to obtain these additional plans as needed. This final plan will give you a very clear image of what your space is going to look like and gives you the ultimate “try before you buy” experience.
- We will be able to show you almost exactly what your retaining wall, patio, sidewalk or landscape will look like when we are finished.
- With this model, there will be no question on exactly how your dream project will look and gives you the ultimate “try before you buy” experience.
- We will also generally have a final detailed proposal completed for you at this time.
After the final proposal is accepted and the contract is signed. Then we can move forward with your dream backyard. Envisioning Green prides ourselves on the “full service” experience. You will just have to sit back, relax, and get ready to enjoy your new space!
Click here to see a few projects from beginning – to design – to completion!